Occupational Safety and Health Training for Healthcare Professionals: USF's Sunshine ERC
The Sunshine Education and Research Center is dedicated to training professionals on how to treat and prevent occupational illnesses, why illness occur in the workplace, and how to make the workplace a safer environment.
- Integrated research programs emphasizing NIOSH's National Occupational Research Agenda (NORA);
- Interdisciplinary activities among a diverse group of professionals with different educational backgrounds and interests;
- The use of innovative technology, such as distance learning;
- Committed programs devoted to addressing the under-representation of minorities in the area of occupational health and safety;
- Well-established plans to address the crucial state and regional occupational health and safety needs and professional resource deficiencies;
- Very strong institutional support; and
- Qualified, senior faculty to direct the programs.